- This event has passed.
Northern Alberta BMW Club Winter Driving School
February 25, 2018 @ 8:00 am - 3:00 pm
Sunday February 25th – Northern Alberta BMW Club Winter Driving School at Roy Lake
- Save the date notice! 8am-4pm Sunday, February 25
- Organized by the BMW Club of Northern Alberta using the Northern Alberta Sports Car Club (NASCC) ice race course
- Roy Lake is slightly west of Edmonton and north of Devon – recommend Saturday stay in Spruce Grove for 8am start
- Skills oriented, not speed! Handling slaloms thru pylons, brake box, brake and turn box, reverse 180, skidpad decreasing/increasing radius exercise, handbrake turn for those with proper handbrakes plus controlled lapping
- Vehicle eligibility: all-wheel drive, front wheel drive & rear wheel drive are all acceptable. NO convertibles/ cabriolets that don’t have rollover protection. NO full size SUVs or full size pickups. NO summer tires! All BMW, Porsche, Audi, VW, Volvo, Mercedes SUVs are OK.
- Helmets required: 2005 or later Snell SA, SAH, or M. Unfortunately the club does not have any rental helmets anymore
- Details can be found at the Eventbrite link:
Participants are required to pay and register at the above link. In addition, please see the attached documents:
- Winter Driving Skills Package – contains all event details, disclaimers and tech inspections.
BMW CLUB NA WINTER DRIVING SKILLS PACKAGE
- Registration Form – please complete and return to email@example.com. This document is also required before participation.
BMW CLUB NA WINTER DRIVING SKILLS REGISTRATION FORM
I want to thank our member, Dave Welsh, for spearheading this event. We look forward to seeing everyone out on February 25.
BMW Club NA – Vice President