- This event has passed.
BMWCSA Scavenger Hunt 2021
June 7, 2021 @ 8:00 am - June 28, 2021 @ 5:00 pm
The BMW Club of Southern Alberta is excited to announce our first-ever scenic scavenger hunt, a fun, safe and refreshing opportunity to experience the Joy of Driving. You will get to explore your area, showcase your ride, and most importantly do it safely! This is an individual and not a group activity so there are no Covid restriction issues.
Test your knowledge of local and regional points of interest. Twenty locations are described by clues. First, decipher the clues, then between June 7 to June 28, travel to some or all of the sites. This is a opportunity to enjoy your favorite ride as you visit desired spots and explore new attractions.
To participate in the scavenger hunt please email a photo of your car (does not have to be a BMW) at each location you visit between June 7 and 28, 2021. The deadline for submissions is 11:59 PM end of day Monday, June 28. Email as often as you like with one or with multiple locations.
We plan to use some of the photos in upcoming newsletters and prefer pictures of your car and locations only, without persons appearing in the image, as we do not have signed consent from anyone to use their image. If you wish to send in submissions, but do not want to have your photo(s) used in our newsletter please clearly indicate DO NOT USE PHOTO in the text of your email. Again, any photo that includes people will count as a valid entry, but cannot be used in our newsletter.
• Send submissions to email@example.com
• In the Subject line enter BMWCSA SCAVENGER HUNT 2021
• For each photo submission, please make sure the monument or attraction can be easily identified so we can qualify the entry.
• In the text field
o Include your name, membership number and a contact number.
o Include the name of the location
o If you do not want your photo used in our newsletter indicate DO NOT USE PHOTO in the text.
Photos with people will qualify as a submission, but cannot be used in our newsletter.
As an added incentive, there will be prizes for the three members who correctly decipher the most clues and visit the most locations on the list. Earliest entry breaks any tie. Prizes will be announced in an upcoming newsletter and will be awarded at the Annual Summer Barbeque. The winners’ names will be included in the announcement.
SCAVENGER HUNT location clues:
1. 1891 Senators Victorian House
2. NWMP Outpost where two rivers meet.
3. Calgary’s “Wonderland”
4. Home of the National Music
5. Ignite your imagination
6. One of Canada’s largest ski and snowboard schools
7. Where you can go back in time and take unleaded gasoline
8. Leaping over obstacles, fences and chevrons
9. Check out Dunvegan Gardens, farmers market and Aquaponics
10. This small business is known for its favorite ice cream west of Calgary
11. Old Western theme shopping mall west of Calgary
12. The home and training center for the 1988 Canadian Olympic Biathlon Team
13. Enormous Stone carried east from the Rockies on a glacier
14. 1887 Pullman car located at this tree farm attraction
15. The Sundance Kid worked at this historic Cowboy Ranch
16. Cascading water west of Robert and John Turner’s settlement.
17. Home of a fully functional WWll bomber
18. Alberta’s first craft distillery of whiskey, gin, and vodka.
19. Century old ghost town bar still contains remnants of bullet holes framed on the walls.
20. The Horton Water Spheroid, also knows as “The Green Onion”