Northern Alberta BMW Club Winter Driving School
February 25 @ 8:00 am - 3:00 pm
Sunday February 25th – Northern Alberta BMW Club Winter Driving School at Roy Lake
- Save the date notice! 8am-4pm Feb 25th.
- Organized by the Northern Alberta BMW Club using the Northern Alberta Sports Car Club (NASCC) ice race course
- Roy Lake is slightly west of Edmonton and north of Devon – recommend Saturday stay in Spruce Grove for 8am start
- Skills oriented, not speed! Handling slaloms thru pylons, brake box, brake and turn box, reverse 180, skidpad decreasing/increasing radius exercise, handbrake turn for those with proper handbrakes. Plus controlled lapping.
- Vehicle eligibility: all-wheel drive, front wheel drive & rear wheel drive are all acceptable. NO convertibles/cabriolets that don’t have rollover protection. NO full size SUVs or full size pickups. NO summer tires! All BMW, Porsche, Audi, VW, Volvo, Mercedes SUVs are OK.
- Helmets required: 2005 or later Snell SA, SAH, or M. Unfortunately the club does not have any rental helmets anymore
- Remaining details, registration link, and contact name to follow.
Josh Carter is our Club Winter Driving School Coordinator – contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org with any other questions